Friday, April 1, 2016

Beyond the Fell Wall (video poetry) by Richard Skelton

This is a link from a link to the link article below Erin posted below:

[Response to] Generation Anthropocene: How humans have altered the planet for ever (Robert MacFarlane)

Words don't come out easy, there are many words and many new words, and just as equally many words strung together that mean just that, and not this or that either. I can barely walk through a word from the Affect and Anthropocene. 

Beyond the Fell Wall by Richard Skelton
https://vimeo.com/144142174

 I don't know how many words I'll be able to move in my own project. The best advice is ask questions, and new questions too. The most workable process is to make the process of my asking the new question, operative. You will likely have no words when you see or hear or read my project. Words will have been my operation. You-move is the best word I can come up with. But many movements will make the words invisible. Movement words likely, like those pounding migraine resonance but without the hurt, the fill without heaviness, the length of a page without a trace of a pen (pen is always so far from the page.)

 

Get-ing There - cricri

How do I make operative the form and the expression in a video poetry such as Beyond the Fell Wall by Richard Skelton? If you can explain it, you get it, so I remember countless teachers telling me. But I can barely move it.

https://vimeo.com/144142174 

 

I string words, I string words. Maybe with a whole necklace I can catch a phrase with a beginning and a new question end. 

 

2 comments:

  1. the words may just collectively emerge, as they often do...

    ReplyDelete